Purpose of Digipaks

Purpose of Digipaks

 Firstly, when beginning the process of creating my own Digipak for my artist, I had a look at the actual purpose of Digipaks. I found that as well as just representing the artist and providing a protective cover for physical copies of music, the Digipak also ensures a sense of loyalty and connection to the artist for the consumer, as they own a piece of their merchandise as a physical item. The Digipak often includes extra booklets/posters that fans of the artist can collect and view as an 'add on' to the actual music itself. Overall, it enhances the experience the fan has when consuming the artist's music and creates an established relationship between the artist and the fan.

I created a Padlet with my initial research on the purpose of Digipaks. From here, I will begin to discuss possible ideas with Olivia for our own Digipak design, as well as how we wish to present our artist and what our album could be called.

Made with Padlet



Comments

Popular Posts